Posted by BRYAN
First, get your mind out of the gutter (at least for now). Tonight, Doug & I were brainstorming over margaritas ideas to help our truck stand out from the crowd sure to be illegally parked with us this summer. High on our list of ideas is an ever-changing medley of “premium” or in-season toppings that keep you coming back for more. Now we know others could take the ideas & run, but these aren’t really original anyway.
Here are a few ideas that we came up with right away. Let us know your thoughts on them or any of your own ideas you’d like to see when you stop by this summer.
- Grape Nuts: seems a be a classic combo with vanilla & both D & I are fans.
- Bacon Bits: Bac-Os just seem wrong & too chemically (sorry Betty Crocker) but if anyone has ideas for more natural bacon bits let us know. This idea is inspired by the amazing Mo's Bacon Bar by Vosges.
- Olive Oil & Sea Salt: Mario Batali has his (very excellent) gelato at Otto, but this soft serve creation I first had at the great Pizzeria Picco in Larkspur, California (Marin County).
- Blueberries: Doug needs to use his roots & bring back some fresh Maine blueberries from his trips home. Or, maybe some Cape Cod varieties (Nathan, are you reading this?)
- Chili Powders: ancho, chili pepper, chipotle, nothing spices up & intensifies chocolate like some heat.
- Crushed Pretzels: I’m a huge sweet & salty combo fan. This would do the trick.
- Malt: For those that love soda joint classics.
- Toasted Coconut: Surprised this isn’t already an option.
- Sno-Caps: good size candy, perfect as a topping.